Our Next Meetings
July 16, 2016 (3rd Saturday)
August 20, 2016 (3rd Saturday)
SPECIAL PRESENTATION – 10 AM:
In July, we are pleased to have Bob Gostischa discussing Technology From A Different Perspective. It will be an enjoyable and funny look back in time, combined with the stark reality of what we need to do to keep safe in the modern world.
"THIRD SATURDAY" SESSIONS
All SIG's meet once each month on the 3rd Saturday. For SIG session meeting times, click on "Meeting Schedule"
Our July 16th Meeting
Will be ...
(Special Interest Groups)
Click on the links below to go to the respective SharePoint page.
- HTPC/Home Automation -
Home Theater (or Media) PCs and Home Automation come in an endless range of capability, complexity and price. Come join us as we cover this new & exciting area.
Home Automation covers everything from setting your thermostat to having your refrigerator order milk. Come join SIG Leader Bill Parker as we set our direction for this SIG.
- Microsoft Excel - 8:00 am
Office 2016 has been out for a while. So it is time for Excel to take a look at Excel 2016 to see what Microsoft says is new
- Microsoft PowerShell
- 8:00 - 10:00 am
- The first hour (8:00 am), we cover topics and demonstrations that come up in informal discussion.
At 9:00am, the presentation by Larry Weiss will begin on the topic of "A MarkDown compatible version of Start-Demo". Start-Demo is a function written in PowerShell that assists in real-time presentations, especially those involving PowerShell demonstrations intermixed with web based resources.
MarkDown is a syntax for preparing presentations including tools for converting simple text to rich HTML, including links to web based resources.
- Windows Tips & Tricks - 9:00 - 10:00
Open Q&A. If you have a 'troubled' system, contact Chuck or Gil for a possible 'live, no net' troubleshooting session.
- Making Money on the Internet - 9:00 am
- Considering selling on Amazon? Wondering how you would know what products you should buy, how much to pay, and how much to charge in order to realize a profit?
- Many tools are available to help you resolve those questions, and most of them are free. At the meeting, I’ll show and explain the tools I use
- Microsoft Word - 10:00 am
- The Word Sig will not meet in July. I encourage everyone to attend the presentation Bob Gostischa is giving on security for computers, tablets, and smart phones.
- AppDev - 10:00 am - Noon
In July, we will do a Q&A informal session for the DEVSIG, led by Larry Weiss.
- Digital Photography - 10:00 am
- Microsoft Access - 11:00 am
- The Access SIG will be exploring the world of ‘Select Queries’ for filtering data and as the source of reports.
- Digital Photo Editing - 11:00 am
- The Internet -
- How To Reduce Your Online Exposure – a step by step guide on how to remove information from the Internet and social media.
- Windows Inside/Out
- 12:30 pm
- Preview of Windows 10 Anniversary Update – what changes to expect in the update that will be distributed to Windows 10 users on August 2 and how it affects you.
- Wireless Communication
- 12:30 pm
- In July, we will be discussing financial scams that target Senior Citizens. Scams target seniors because the crime is not likely to be reported. And, reporting a theft may indicate a senior is losing their mental capacity.
|Need to learn more about computers,
the internet, programming, how to use the latest software?
Are you interested in keeping your knowledge skills on the leading edge? If you are then NTPCUG is where you will want to be.
- Computer Users
- IT Professionals
- Small Business Owners
|NTPCUG is leading the way with its SharePoint development project. NTPCUG has a diverse membership and its special interest groups are equally diverse. Come join the fun.